Thursday 12 January 2012

Miranda Kerr's Health and Beauty Tips







Australian sweetheart, Victoria's Secret Angel and wife of Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr is a face of good health and wellbeing. Always the one to look the best Miranda sticks to an organic lifestyle which includes her range of products, Kora Organics. This is her daily meal plan and some of her beauty tips.


Meal Plan:


Breakfast:
* Fresh fruit salad with yoghurt and muesli
* 2 x Rye toast with avocado and boiled eggs
* Water with lemon and ginger
* Cup of green tea
Pecans, almonds and walnuts to nibble on for morning tea (sometimes roasted in tamari)
Lunch:
Fresh tuna salad with spelt crispbreads
Water with lemon
Dandelion Tea
Piece of fruit or nuts for afternoon tea
Dinner:
Either a salmon steak or other fish or Lamb Loin chops or a piece of steak with veges or salad
I don’t eat a lot of potato, but I eat heaps of greens and sweet potato and pumpkin roasted.
Cup of Green tea with ginger
Beauty Tips:

Travel well. The best jet-lag cure is drinking plenty of water infused with my all-time beauty essential, noni juice. I also find peppermint oil to be an amazing pick-me-up. I either burn it in an oil burner, or add a few drops to my bath. On top of that, a spray of Kora Energising Citrus Mist ($39.95) and an application of Kora Recovery Eye Gel Treatment ($54.95) under my tired eyes is a sure fix!

Use an eyelash curler first. Take it all the way to the roots of the lashes, squeeze and hold for three seconds, and then apply mascara. I love Lancôme Paris L'Extrême Lengthening Mascara in Noir Stretch ($52).

Less is more. Heavy foundation makes you look as though you're trying to hide, which can add years to your face. Instead, allow your skin to shine through by using a tinted moisturiser or a more translucent formula, and strategically blend concealer where needed (around the nostrils or under the eyes). I love Kora Tinted Day Care Cream ($59.95). It's a great base that gives a lightweight fresh glow, but still covers flaws.

Tressed for success My hair gets pretty tortured when I'm doing the shows, so I rely on Frédéric Fekkai Technician Color Care shampoo and conditioner ($38 each), and Frédéric Fekkai Technician Color Care Mask ($68). They are so hydrating for my hair, which is what I need, and they smell so fresh.

Hot hints My favourite thing to do is to use essential oils in place of traditional perfume. A few of my favourite scents are sandalwood, gardenia and ylang-ylang. I dab them on pulse points for a subtle, natural scent.
Finally, my all-time best beauty tip — one I will always swear by — is to dry body brush every day. It promotes movement of the lymphatic system, improves circulation and leaves your skin feeling softer and smoother (it helps keep cellulite at bay too). It really promotes an all-over glow!

No comments:

Post a Comment